I believe one of the most encouraging biblical principles we discover through reading the Scripture is that prayer always precedes great things.
Do you believe this? Do you pray like you believe this?
Prayer Always Precedes
Consider this brief list of moments when this biblical principle is illustrated throughout the Scriptures:
- Prayer preceded Abraham being called to a land where he did not know where he was going.
- Prayer preceded Moses experiencing the glory of God in his life.
- Prayer preceded Joshua seeing the sun stand still and the moon stop.
- Prayer preceded David defeating his enemies.
- Prayer preceded Jabez having his requests answered by the Lord.
- Prayer preceded Daniel receiving the power and insight to interpret dreams.
- Prayer preceded Elizabeth having her baby boy, John.
- Prayer preceded Zechariah prophetically declaring that his and Elizabeth’s boy, who we know as John the Baptist, would one day prepare the way of the Lord.
- Prayer preceded Mary understanding that God had miraculously placed His Son in her womb.
- Prayer preceded Jesus seeing the heavens open up, the Holy Spirit descend upon Him, and God declaring aloud that Jesus was His Son and He was pleased with Him.
- Prayer preceded Jesus being arrested, beaten, flogged, and crucified, dying in our place.
- Prayer preceded the coming of the Holy Spirit and the birth of the church on the day of Pentecost.
- Prayer preceded the explosion of the gospel on the day of Pentecost and the gospel advance that would follow.
- Prayer preceded evangelism and the Lord adding to the church daily.
- Prayer preceded the preaching and teaching of God’s Word and fellowship of God’s people.
- Prayer preceded the demonstrative works of God that occurred through the early church.
- Prayer preceded the appointment and sending of leaders, and the planting of gospel churches.
- Prayer preceded the words Paul wrote to the churches he poured his life into as a missionary and preacher of the gospel.
- Prayer preceded John in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day on the island of Patmos and receiving the messages of God to the seven churches of the Revelation.
These are just a few instances of how prayer preceded so many great things that occurred in the Scriptures.
Do you want to see God do great things in and through your life?
Do you want to see God do great things in your marriage and through your children?
Do you want to see God do great things in your church?
Do you want to see God do great things through your career?
Do you want to see God do great things through your finances?
Do you want to see God do great things in times of need in your life?
Do you want to see God do great things in our nation and around the world?
Do you want to see God revive His church and awaken America?
Do you want to see God use you to advance His gospel and His causes?
When you prioritize the importance of prayer in your life, you will begin to see God do great things in and through your life. It is not about your age or stage in life; nor is it about your location or vocation. It is about your commitment to prayer in your life.
Do you know why?
It is a biblical principle that has been verified not only in the Bible, but throughout history.
Prayer always precedes great things.
Now is the Time to Lead,
To request an interview with Dr. Ronnie Floyd
contact Gayla Oldham at (479) 751-4523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I Love My Church Day is Sunday, February 10
Do not miss Sunday at Cross Church—it is I LOVE MY CHURCH DAY! This annual emphasis began on Sunday, February 14, 1988. Each year since, we have made this our theme on a Sunday in February. Every member should be present or accounted for. Come and invite someone to join you!
Dr. Nick and Meredith Floyd are Celebrating 10 Years on Our Team
This Sunday, our Fayetteville Campus will also celebrate Dr. Nick Floyd’s 10th anniversary with us, serving on our team as Lead Teaching Pastor and Staff Leader. We are so thankful for Pastor Nick and Meredith, plus their amazing children, who happen to be my grandchildren. May the Lord bless Fayetteville Campus with Nick, Meredith, Reese, Beck, Norah, and Maya. We love you.
Julia Arriola Leading Worship on Sunday in Springdale
Pastor Julio Arriola, former Cross Church Worship Minister now serving in Guadalajara, Mexico, will be with us this Sunday in Springdale for I Love My Church Day. His wife, Carla, will be with him. He will lead our worship in the 9:30 a.m. service, then preach our Espanol service at 10:55 a.m. Join us in welcoming Julio and Carla as they assist us in worship and preaching on Sunday.
NWA Men’s Conference – Sign up Now!
Men, I am excited about our upcoming NWA Men’s Conference on Sunday, February 24. Held at our Fayetteville Campus, it will be an exciting evening. We will hear from Dr. Jarrett Stephens from Prestonwood Baptist Church in Dallas, and Dr. Kie Bowman from Hyde Park Baptist Church and The Quarries Church in Austin, Texas. These men will challenge us greatly. Invite a friend, sign up your teenage sons and college students, and join us on this evening. Register now to reserve your spot.
See You Sunday,
Ronnie W. Floyd