Archive for the 'Prayer' Category
The local churches, denominations, ministries, and the prayer movement in America cannot be separated from evangelism. Consider this: If prayer and the desire for evangelism are genuine, they happen simultaneously.
Are local churches, denominations, ministries and the prayer movement in America praying for others to come to Jesus Christ? Are you praying for others to come to Jesus Christ? Do you call out specific names to God each day?
America needs Jesus Christ more now than ever before. Our hearts should be broken over the lostness of America and the world. Mocking it helps no one. Ignoring it does not make it go away.
Every genuine Christian needs to pray for others to come to faith in Jesus Christ.
3 Specific Ways to Pray for Others to Come to Jesus Christ
1. Pray for the scales to fall away from their blinded eyes.
We cannot deny the reality of what Paul stated in 2 Corinthians 4:4, “In their case, the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”
Only through God opening their eyes and minds to the gospel will the unsaved see and hear the good news of Jesus Christ. We need to pray for them and appeal to God for this to happen.
When people do not know Jesus Christ, they are blinded to the truth of their great need for salvation. Intercessory prayer that is intentional and continuous can see God remove the scales of blindness over their eyes and help them to see themselves as God sees them: Lost and in need of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
If we believe God can do anything with anyone at any time, then we can offer up prayers for the lost perpetually. I have seen God answer these prayers in my own life and through the life of my church.
2. Pray for God to engineer their circumstances to convince them they need Jesus Christ.
Our God is Sovereign and desires for all persons to come to Jesus Christ. He can engineer circumstances to help convince them that their number one need is spiritual, and the answer is found in Jesus Christ alone.
I believe we can pray like this because God wants all people to turn from living their own way, doing their own thing, and come to Him. 2 Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord does not delay his promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance.”
Therefore, I pray that our great Sovereign God will engineer circumstances in their life that will show them their deep and desperate need for Jesus Christ.
3. Pray for God to send someone to tell them about Jesus Christ.
As you pray for them to hear about Jesus Christ, be willing to tell them yourself. In fact, ask God for the open door to share the good news of Jesus Christ with them and others. You might be the “someone” that others are praying for to tell their friend or family member about Christ. Be faithful to ask God to use you to share Jesus with others.
What God is Saying to America and the World Today
I do not know all that God is saying to America and to the world today, but one thing I am confident He is doing: He is calling every American and every person in this world into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
May we be faithful to pray for all people to see our need for Jesus Christ and come to a personal relationship with Him.
Now is the Time to Lead and to Pray for America,
Dr. Ronnie Floyd is the Senior Pastor of Cross Church, President of the National Day of Prayer, founder of the Cross Church School of Ministry, and host of the Ronnie Floyd on Life and Leadership Today podcast.
To request an interview with Dr. Ronnie Floyd
contact Gayla Oldham at (479) 751-4523 or email email@example.com.
Whether you pray daily or weekly for our nation, please join us in praying with the authority of the Scriptures for these four priorities for America:
1. Appeal to God for the leaders of America to come together to provide strategic leadership in this hour.
First of all then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Father, we appeal to You for our President and Vice President, members of his Cabinet, along with the members of both the House and the Senate to make decisions that will lead toward a more peaceful and orderly America.
- Lord, we also ask that these leaders would lead us to ways that more represent You and Your ways; including decisions that will lead toward the dignity and sanctity of all human life from conception until death.
- Lord God, may these leaders provide ways for our nation to be secure from terrorism inside and outside of the borders of America.
2. Ask God to provide discernment and wisdom for our leaders about these critical issues before America.
Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God—who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly—it will be given to him. James 1:5
- Give them wisdom about tax reform.
- Give them wisdom about North Korea.
- Give them wisdom about healthcare.
- Give them wisdom about immigration reform.
- Give them wisdom about Russia.
- Give them wisdom about racial tensions.
- Give them wisdom about how to assist those who are facing the challenges after the national disasters of hurricanes and wildfires.
- Give them wisdom over all national security issues.
- Give them wisdom to make laws and policies that preserves religious liberty and forwards the sanctity and dignity of all human life.
- Give them wisdom regarding the drug issues, especially regarding the opioid epidemic.
- Give us wisdom so that we may have the knowledge to work through these critical issues and pray for all in need.
- Generously give God’s wisdom to all leaders and Americans.
3. Call out to God for all those in need right now in America.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort. He comforts us in all of our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- Lord, bring comfort to those who lost loved ones in the attack in New York City.
- Lord Jesus, heal those who are recovering from the attack in New York City.
- Lord, bring comfort to those who lost loved ones in the shooting in Las Vegas.
- Father, heal those who are recovering from the shooting in Las Vegas.
- God, bring comfort to those who have lost loved ones through all of the hurricanes and wildfires.
- Lord Jesus, heal those who are recovering from injuries experienced in hurricanes and wildfires.
- Father, minister relief to all those who are recovering losses from their homes and businesses due to these disasters.
- Lord, give resources to all who are providing relief to those in need.
- Jesus, please comfort those who lost loved ones in the military and who worked as first responders.
- Father, please protect all those who are serving our nation as military and first responders across the world and within our nation.
4. Believe God with us as we move and work toward the 2018 National Day of Prayer on May 3, 2018.
“Ask and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
- Father, call thousands and thousands of people to lead observances of the National Day of Prayer in their communities.
- Lord, call thousands of pastors, churches, and hundreds of denominations and ministries to lead observances of the National Day of Prayer in their communities.
- Lord Jesus, call thousands of leaders in our communities to lead observances of the National of Day of Prayer in their communities.
- Father, call thousands of leaders to lead observances of the National Day of Prayer in their businesses.
- Lord, move upon people from all over the country to support the National Day of Prayer on May 3, 2018, but also in prayer now and with the provision of resources to make this ministry happen financially.
- Father, give Dr. Ronnie Floyd and the staff team of the National Day of Prayer God’s wisdom and power in all decision making.
I appeal to each of you to have numerous people join you personally, in and through prayer ministries, as well as through your churches and denominations, in praying for America.
Now is the Time to Lead and to Pray for America,
Dr. Ronnie W. Floyd