Archive for the 'Leadership' Category
I have become convinced that intentional leadership is imperative to leading effectively.
Intentional leadership is deliberate, purposeful, and willful leadership. Perhaps this has never occurred to you before: You get what you get ready for in your life.
How deliberate is your leadership? Do you think through what you want to do carefully by weighing the pros and the cons? Do you think through from beginning to end? Or, do you just shoot from the hip, lead impulsively, and hope for the best to occur?
How purposeful is your leadership? I have found that leadership is usually not any more purposeful than your own personal life. Purposeful leadership leads with a goal or an end in mind. Do you lead with the end in mind or do you lead indecisively, reluctantly, and aimlessly?
How willful is your leadership? Do you wait for others to point the way, or do you step up as the leader and declare the direction? Or do you fear what others will think so you just sit back, let others voice their views, and kind of see where the wind blows your organization?
Intentional leadership is deliberate, purposeful, and willful.
Just think what would happen if:
- You lived your own life this way
- You practiced marriage, parenting, and family this way
- You led your organization or church this way
This I know… if more leaders were intentional, our world would change dramatically.
Now is the Time to Lead,
Ronnie W. Floyd
Senior Pastor, Cross Church
Dr. Ronnie Floyd is the Senior Pastor of Cross Church, Immediate Past President of the Southern Baptist Convention, founder of the Cross Church School of Ministry, and host of the Ronnie Floyd on Life and Leadership Today podcast.
To request an interview with Dr. Ronnie Floyd
contact Gayla Oldham at (479) 751-4523 or email email@example.com.
On this episode of Life and Leadership Today, Ronnie Floyd talks about America with The Dance Between God and Country. He discusses…
- How we can balance total allegiance to Jesus Christ and loving our country
- Is this “dance” real, or creating an unnecessary argument?
- The lack of honor for leadership
- How social networking has caused division in the church and our country
- Division within the Church
- Racial tension
- Honoring our military
- Spiritual awakening in America
- Do we have the faith to trust that God can move in our country?
- How big our God is, and His ability to set things in order in America
… and more. Don’t miss this discussion on America with Dr. Ronnie Floyd.