Archive for the 'America' Category
In June 2018, all across America and beyond, we are calling prayer warriors and prayer intercessors for America to join together in agreement in prayer. Please mobilize your pastor, your church, your denomination, and your personal network of friends across America and the world to join us.
PARTICIPATE with thousands of Americans to use and follow this new resource called 31 Days of Prayer for My Nation from July 1-31. Please order this resource NOW by going here. Join Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council and me as we lead this month of prayer specifically for our nation.
Just imagine what could happen if millions of Americans would intercede through agreement in prayer for America during these months. We need you to join us and mobilize your pastor, church, denomination, and personal network of friends to join us. Spread the word now.
1. FATHER, BY FAITH WE ASK YOU TO MOVE UPON THE POLITICAL LEADERS IN AMERICA TO LEAD OUR NATION FORWARD IN A POSITIVE WAY.
“A king’s heart is like channeled water in the Lord’s hand: He directs it wherever He chooses.” Proverbs 21:1
- Lord, as You have the power to control a king’s heart and direct it wherever You choose, please direct our President Donald J. Trump, our Vice President Mike Pence, our President’s Cabinet, our appointed and elected leaders in America, as well as those leading our nation’s Armed Forces … moving them in a direction You desire.
- Holy Spirit, lead all of these leaders to work together strategically and specifically to secure all of the schools across America; O God, lead them to action that will protect the children of America.
- Father, please lead our nation’s leaders as they move toward an unprecedented meeting with the leaders in North Korea and South Korea, trying to find a way to provide an avenue of peace and security for the world. O God, restrain evil and abuse of human life in North Korea, and move their leader, Kim Jong-un, to actions of peace and security in the world. Furthermore, we ask You, please ensure this meeting occurs with him and our nation’s leaders in Your timing.
- O Lord, our needs are great, and we appeal to You for resolve, cooperation, and leadership regarding the challenging issues of:
- America’s climbing debt
- Religious freedom nationally and internationally
- Opioid and drug crisis
- Security of our nation internally and externally
- Ongoing challenges in Israel and in the Middle East, as the United States Embassy in Israel has now been moved to Jerusalem
- Judicial and political appointments process to be expedited
- Tax reform
- Sexual harassment and abuse
- Sanctity and dignity of all human life from conception through death
- Racial unrest across America
- Needs of our veterans, our nation’s military, and their families
- Ongoing investigations to reveal truth and a resolve be reached soon in each of them
- Election of leaders in the fall of 2018
- This list could go on, but Lord, these specifically this month we place into Your hands. Please channel the hearts of our leaders to what is best for the American people as well as others across the world.
2. TOGETHER IN AGREEMENT, ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO FALL UPON THE CHURCHES OF AMERICA IN A POWERFUL AND MIRACULOUS WAY.
“Ask and it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives, and the one who seeks finds, and the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8
- Holy Spirit, fall upon the 400,000+ churches and 200 denominations in America in an unprecedented movement of God that would wake up and spiritually revive the churches across America.
- Anoint supernaturally, the pastors and spiritual leaders who open God’s Word to preach it and call people to faith in Jesus Christ and Him alone for salvation, as well as advance the gospel of Jesus across their region, America, and the world.
- Spirit of the Living God, we call upon You to bring to America, the next Great Spiritual Awakening, that would be so powerful, it would shape generations in the future; an awakening of historic proportion.
- Spirit of the Lord, call Christians in America to join Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council and me as we call for 31 Days of Prayer for My Nation during the month of July. (Order resources at https://www.prayershop.org)
3. LORD, LEAD DR. RONNIE FLOYD AND THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER TASK FORCE FORWARD IN A STRATEGIC WAY TO GREATLY IMPACT AMERICA IN THE FUTURE.
“Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.” Ephesians 3:20
- Sovereign God, thank you for the powerful outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon America on Thursday, May 3, 2018, the National Day of Prayer. Please raise up people all across America to pray for unity in our nation.
- Lead Dr. Floyd and the National Day of Prayer Task Force as they strategize for the future relating to:
- Hearing God’s heart and theme for the 2019 National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 2
- Ensuring that every town, city, and county has a National Day of Prayer Observance on May 2, 2019
- Preparing for the 2018 National Day of Prayer Leadership Summit for all volunteers, churches, and interested parties, to be held on October 29 – 30, 2018, in Northwest Arkansas, hosted by Cross Church, Rogers, Arkansas. Come from around the nation as we strategize for prayer across America.
- Provide for the great financial needs of the National Day of Prayer in order to mobilize unified public prayer for America.
Watch and share this year’s entire National Observance of the National Day of Prayer from Statuary Hall:
Enjoy this recap video and share it with others. Encourage them to begin planning now to join us on May 2, 2019.
Michael Bruce Curry, an Episcopalian Bishop from the United States, delivered the message at the wedding. He quoted the powerful words of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who once said, “We must discover the power of love, the redemptive power of love. And when we discover that, we will be able to make of this old world a new world. Love is the only way.”
On This Side of the Pond
While the royal wedding was happening, on this side of the pond, our hearts were breaking from another evil shooting in one of America’s schools, resulting in ten people killed and an additional ten wounded. This time, the shooting occurred on Friday, May 18, in the Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas.
From South Florida to Southeast Texas, this evil knows no boundaries.
What is the answer?
Love Can Help and Heal When Nothing Else Can
As Bishop Curry stated in the royal wedding on Saturday, “There’s power in love. Do not underestimate it.” After quoting from I John 4, reminding everyone to love one another, he later spoke these powerful words, “Love can help and heal when nothing else can.”
It is love like this that will not just hold a marriage together, but it is love like this that has the power to mend over time the broken hearts and lives from the devastation of a school shooting.
While the World is Breaking, the Church in America Needs to Rise Together in This Kind of Love
Since the power of God’s love can help and heal the brokenhearted, the Church in America needs to become so immersed in this love, individually and collectively, that we rise to offer this kind of love in the world today.
The Church in America is facing challenges at every level. At times social media amplifies them before the world. I fully realize these challenges cannot be ignored or minimized. I have never been timid or fearful in dealing with any of them, and I certainly am not now.
Yet, there is a right way to deal with these problems, and it is through the power of love.
The power of love has seen us through problems before and the power of love will see us through again.
Love leads to unity, not division. Love keeps everyone in mind, not just ourselves. Love respects and honors all people.
While this world is breaking before our eyes and making promises it cannot keep, the entire Church in America needs to rise together in love in order to give this world the only thing we can give them that will last forever… the love of Jesus Christ.
When we present this love, it must be real within us individually, but it also must be experienced between us as a family dynamically. This kind of love changes everything.
Let Love Be Our Way Forward
Our world cannot afford for us to be sidelined because of our attitudes. Our world needs us, but more than us, it needs the gospel of Jesus Christ that we are called to advance to every corner of this universe.
Therefore, let love be your way forward. Never let anyone outside of your circle of love.
As Christ followers, we do not just believe in the sanctity of human life, but also in the dignity of human life; that is treating each other in the right way while we are on this earth.
Jesus prayed for us to be one, “so that the world may believe you sent me.” John 17:21
Therefore, let love be our way forward. Through our issues and through our problems, let love prevail through them all.
God’s way is the always the right way. God’s way is always through love.
Regardless of differences, love is still the way forward. We do need to rediscover the way of love, the redemptive power of love. Let love be our way forward.
Now is the Time to Lead,
Ronnie W. Floyd
To request an interview with Dr. Ronnie Floyd contact Gayla Oldham at (479) 751-4523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.