Dr. Ronnie Floyd believes God wants him to influence and invest his life in others to win the world to Christ. This is why he gives his life to preparing leaders for life, ministry, and Gospel advancement globally.
- Served as Senior Pastor of Cross Church in Northwest Arkansas for 27+ years
- Cross Church is a four-campus, multi-site fellowship of believers.
- Cross Church has been recognized by Outreach Magazine for being the 57th largest church in America in weekly attendance and for being the 63rd fastest-growing church in America. Additionally, they were also recognized for being one of only 36 churches on both lists, and was uniquely recognized for being the oldest church listed among the fastest-growing churches in America. The church was founded in 1870.
- Since 2001, Cross Church has partnered in planting 100 churches across the world.
- In 2014, Cross Church is investing in and partnering with over 30 church plants.
- Of these church plants, 15 of them are in 13 of the designated SEND North America cities and, within the next three years, they will be in all 30 of the SEND cities.
- Cross Church is the leading church in Arkansas in giving through the Southern Baptist Convention's Cooperative Program and is in the Top 15 churches in the entire Southern Baptist Convention in giving through the Cooperative Program, supporting the vast ministries of this convention of 50,000 churches and congregations.
- Born & educated in Texas, and pastored churches in Texas
- Graduated from Howard Payne University
- Graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary with both a Master of Divinity Degree and Doctor of Ministry Degree
- Distinguished Alumnus of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- In October, 2013 began to lead, along with other pastors, a national Call to Pray initiative, with hundreds of Southern Baptist pastors attending, all for the purpose of praying for spiritual awakening in our churches and revival in our nation.
- Serving now as the General Editor of LifeWay's Bible Studies for Life Curriculum Series, which is used presently by over 150,000 Small Groups from over 30,000 churches. Dr. Floyd is assisting LifeWay In rebranding and relaunching this entire three-year curriculum series in the fall of 2013, envisioning it being used in over 40,000 churches.
- Serving now as the Lead Pastor and Strategist of SEND North America, a major church planting strategy, mobilizing churches to plant churches in the 30 designated SEND Cities in North America.
- Served as the Chairman of the Great Commission Resurgence of the Southern Baptist Convention. This movement was overwhelmingly affirmed by the Southern Baptist Convention, resulting in a major strategic shift of priorities in how the convention's entities will carry out the Great Commission and how monies will be allocated towards it. Of these decisions, the prioritization of church planting and the allocation of millions of dollars towards penetrating the lostness of the world are already being realized. As Dr. Floyd served for one year as Chairman of The Great Commission Resurgence Task Force comprised of 21 influential members, their service together has been used of God to make a long-term difference for the global advancement of the Gospel.
- Served on the seven-member Program and Structure Committee of the Southern Baptist Convention in the mid-1990’s, which resulted in the convention moving from 19 to 12 entities.
- Served as Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Southern Baptist Convention, as well as serving as a member on this influential committee for ten years.
- Served on the Board of Trustees of the GuideStone Financial Resources for eight years, assisting in transition and leadership decisions that were made towards the future.
- Served as the President of the 1997 Pastors' Conference of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Served as the President of the 1989 Pastors' Conference of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention.
- Preaches all across North America in churches and conventions as well as across the world, including the Dominican Republic and Brazil this past year.
- Authored 20 books
- Of these, the most recent titles are Our Last Great Hope: Awakening The Great Commission, Ten Things Every Minister Needs To Know, and The Power of Prayer and Fasting, revised and expanded.
- Married to Jeana since December 31, 1976
- Father of two sons, Josh and Nick. Josh is married to Kate and Nick is married to Meredith.
- “Poppy” to six grandchildren